Our core service is finding freight and dispatching your trucks.
- We gather information about your business to understand how to best help you based on your fleet, drivers and preferred routes.
- We negotiate the best rates from freight brokers and shippers to ensure your drivers stay busy and within Hours of Service (HOS) regulations.
- Our back-office operations team works with Freight Brokers and Shippers to exchange the necessary contracts/agreements and insurance certificates.
- With the Power of Attorney that you grant to us to act on your behalf, we accept loads on your behalf and relay dispatch information to your drivers.
NOTE: You will always provide the final approval to book a load.
- After the load is booked we (dispatch) relay the load information to you (or your drivers).
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Brokers do you work with?
We work with well-established Freight Brokers who are properly licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Association (FMCSA)/USDOT.
In addition to maintaining a current broker license, brokers must also be fully bonded and insured.
Do you check Broker's credit rating?
Yes. We check the credit ratings of brokers before we book a load with them. Credit ratings change daily and therefore we have a system in place to ensure we continue to work with only those brokers and shippers that are credit-worthy.
What documentation is required before we start?
The following documents and information is required to be complete and submitted before booking your first load:
- Completed Carrier Profile
Details such as address, contacts, email, phone, factoring company info, travel zone preferences, etc.
- Equipment Listing (Truck# and CAB Card for every Truck).
- Driver Listing (Driver cell phone, assigned truck and CDL).
- Signed Dispatch/Carrier Agreement
This agreement does not mean you cannot get loads anywhere else; it just covers the relations between your company and ours -and outlines the services we provide to you.
- Copy of Motor Carrier Authority
- Proof of Insurance + Certificate of Insurance listing TSC Dispatch as Certificate Holder
(Minimum Insurance coverages: $1,000,000 General Liability; $100,000 Cargo Insurance).
- Signed Limited Power of Attorney - this document gives us permission to book loads on your behalf.
- Signed IRS Form W-9
What type of equipment do you dispatch?
- We dispatch almost any type of loads for vans and flatbeds.
- We specialize in Reefer freight, Dry Van and Flatbed loads.
- Our loads are typically long-haul between 400 and 3000 miles a load.
- We encourage, and work with Team Drivers for Expedited loads.
How do we source our loads/ find freight for our customers?
We use our network of Freight Brokers and Shippers.
We DO NOT double-broker freight!
Does TSC Dispatch negotiate detention rates?
- Under normal circumstances, we ensure that incidental expenses such as loading/unloading (lumper), multi-stop, or special handling expenses are clearly documented in the Rate Confirmation.
- 100% of the time, Freight Brokers/Shippers will require a signed Agreement between them and your company. The Agreement usually covers the terms and conditions under which a load is booked, picked up, delivered, and how payment on the load is made.
We will always ensure you understand the terms before signing on a new Broker.
- In rare situations we will negotiate additional incidental expenses such as driver detention, truck-ordered-not-used, re-routed loads, etc.
Which methods of payment does TSC Dispatch accept?
We accept most major Debit/Credit Cards (Visa/MasterCard/American Express/Discover), CashApp, PayPal, Comcheck, EFS/TChek, and Direct deposit to our bank account.
The method of payment is specified in our Dispatch/Carrier Agreement.
How long does it take for Freight Broker or Shipper to pay?
- Most brokers/shippers pay between 2 days and 30 days. Some brokers will usually offer a Quick Pay option that you can choose to opt-into on a load-by-load basis.
- If you have a Factoring agreement with a Factoring company, then you may be paid sooner --in most cases on the same day the load is delivered.
- TSC Dispatch also offers a Billing Service where we can prepare and send invoices on your behalf. This option is offered in our PREMIUM service offering.
What are the advantages of working with TSC Dispatch?
- Straight-forward business relationship. We do not hide terms and conditions in fine print or introduce surprise costs.
- Our pricing model is simple and competitive for the services we offer.
- Dedicated person for your fleet to ensure you always have a friendly-representative available.
- Activity reports that give you a financial view of your business.
- Access to pre-negotiated spot freight from our huge selection of Shippers - usually high-paying, no-hassle freight.
- PEACE OF MIND - we are your back-office operations team. Our team is always working on your next load, while ensuring that your drivers stay within Hours of Service (HOS) guidelines.
- Experience. Our team members have logged almost a million miles over the road over several years. We are intimately familiar with the trucking industry from every standpoint.
- Your Next Load is Our Priority